Biography| Interesting information about Dr Sonika Sharma
Dr. Sonika Sharma received her M.Sc.(Chemistry Honours), B.Ed., Ph.D in Materials Chemistry and has worked as Postdoctoral Fellow awarded with World Laboratory, Wilhelm-Simon Scholarship, Department of Materials, ETH, Zurich, Switzerland.
CAREER & WORK
Dr. Sonika Sharma has been teaching for 8 years. She joined Loyola in 2011, after a 1-year stint with Sherwood Public School, Hyderabad.
Synthesis of organic functional molecules, polymers and polyelectrolytes for thin film studies using methods like LB technique, LBL method, SAMS for molecular devices like biosensors. Studies of amphiphilic molecules at interfaces (solid and fluid) using various spectroscopic and microscopic surface characterization techniques. Application of LB technique to model biological processes at the air-water interface.
RESEARCH PAPERS PUBLISHED
1. P. Gangopadhyay, S. Sharma, A. J. Rao, D. N. Rao, S. Cohen, I. Agranat and T. P. Radhakrishnan, Chem. Mater.1999, 11, 466.
2. S.Sharma and T.P.RadhakrishnanMol. Cryst. Liq. Cryst.2000, 338, 257.
3. S. Sharma, P. Gangopadhyay, A. Swathi and T. P. Radhakrishnan, Phys. Chem.Chem.Phys. 2000, 2, 1147.
4. S.Sharma and T.P.RadhakrishnanJ. Phys. Chem. B2000, 104, 10191.
5. S.Sharma and T.P.RadhakrishnanThin Solid Films 2001, 382, 246.
6. S. Sharma, M. Sharath Chandra and T. P. RadhakrishnanLangmuir2001, 17, 8118.
7. S.Sharma and T.P.RadhakrishnanJ. Phys. Chem. B2003, 107, 147.
8. S.Sharma and T.P.RadhakrishnanChemPhysChem2003, 4, 67.
9. C.S.Tang, M. Dusseiller, S. Makohliso, M. Heuschkel, S.Sharma, B. Keller and J. Vörös, AnalChem 2006, 78, 711.
10.B. Balaswamy, L. Maganti, S. Sharma and T.P.RadhakrishnanLangmuir2012, 28, 17313
11.LasyaMaganti, Sonika Sharma and T.P. Radhakrishnan Book Chapter on “Polyelectrolyte-templated Langmuir/Langmuir-Blodgett Films" in the book on Molecular MaterialsEditors: Sanjay Malhotra, JordiFraxedas, B. L. V. Prasad April, 2017 Forthcoming by CRC Press, ISBN 9781482245950 - CAT# K23560