About Us| Who we are and what we do
Some key statistics for the Department of Chemical Technology:
We offer 1 under graduate course of 3 years
With a cumulative experience of 56 years
Hand-picked for their innovative minds
Most of whom are innovators in their field
Meet the Head of the Department
Admissions to the under graduate B.Sc chemical technology course happen through the common Loyola admissions route.
Highlights| What makes us different
01 Field Trips
Trips to manufacturing units solidify the lessons learnt during classes and give students exposure that can aid them in making good choices for themselves. We take students to different Chemical & Pharmaceutical Industries as a part of their curriculum. This helps the students to know the various unit operations and unit processes involved in the chemical industries.
02 Live Projects
Students are encouraged to gain practical experience by undertaking live project work in various chemical industries with the duration of 30 days in the month of May after completing second year.
03 Guest Lectures
Our students gain inspiration from guest lectures, which are delivered by eminent personalities and achievers from reputed universities like Osmania University, JNTU, CBIT, BVRIT etc., a prestigious R&D, IICT and production engineers from different chemical industries.
Department of chemical technology conducts seminars every year for which the eminent speakers were called from chemical and pharmaceutical industries, IICT and reputed universities. The topics of seminar includes the latest trends in chemical technology, which helps the students to know the ongoing research in the different fields of chemical technology.
05 Lab to School
Loyola Academy's Jesuit Education is focused on the integral development of the students through the "Community-Care". As a part of this, our B.Sc. Chemical Technology department has planned to serve the neighborhood through "Lab to School Programme". In this programme our students demonstrate the various physics and chemistry experiments to the students of near by Zilla Parishad High Schools. This helps the Government School students in better understanding of the basic concepts of science.
Of course, a key reason you would love the Department is the astounding infrastructure that we provide - tech-savvy classrooms, a multitude of laboratories, and a huge stock of books and journals. Drop by for a visit.
Department Report for the Academic Year 2017-18
Achievements| Major events in our journey
Chemical Technology is started as Loyola Academy’s first course, with a status of associated degree
The course is then upgraded to B. Sc. in Chemical Technology
The department becomes affiliated to Osmania University and is brought under grant-in-aid
Students volunteer at MNJ Cancer Hospital, Lakdikapul, as part of the Academy’s Planet Program
We organized an exhibition at Government Zilla Parishad High School, Shamirpet, where our students demonstrated various concepts of Physics and Chemistry through practical experiments
1. The department of Chemical Technology has conducted “Lab to School Programme” on Saturday, 26 July 2014 in Zilla Parishad High School, Old Alwal, Secunderabad.
2. The department of Chemical Technology has conducted field trip to SEED (Society for Energy Efficient & Development) Road No.7, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad on Thursday, 28 August 2014 as a part of understanding of General Elective subject “Solar Energy Technologies”.
3. The department of Chemical Technology has conducted a one day seminar on "Emerging Trends in Chemical Technology" on Wednesday, 26 November 2014.
1. The department of Chemical Technology has organized a guest lecture on “Essential Aspects of Process Design for Successful Commercial Manufacture: Specific reference to Pharma Industry” by Mr. C. Raghunadh, Vice President – Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs on Wednesday, 21 January 2015.
2. The department of Chemical Technology students has visited “Srini Pharmaceuticals Limited”, Road No.8, Film Nagar, Hyderabad on Thursday, 22 January 2015.
3. A guest lecture was organized for the II and III year students of the Department of Chemical Technology on ‘Smart ways to Success (S2S)’ on 15 June, 2015 by Mr. B. Nithin Kumar, Senior PP Consultant, Panasonic Asia Pvt. Ltd., Singapore.
1. The department of Chemical Technology has conducted “Lab to School programme” on 16-07-2016 at Z.P. High School, Kowkur, R.R District.
2. The department of Chemical Technology has conducted Guest lecture on "Roll of Chemical Engineer" on 10 September 2016 for B.Sc. third year students.
3. The department of Chemical Technology has taken the final year students to industrial visit on 15 December 2016 (Gayatri Sugars Ltd, Adloor Yellareddy).
1. The department of Chemical Technology along with departments of Chemistry, Biotechnology, Agricultural Science & Rural Development and Environmental Science has conducted International seminar on "Green Chemistry for Sustainable Development: Issues, Challenges and Prospects" on Friday, 20 & Saturday, 21 January 2017.
2. The department of Chemical Technology has conducted “Lab to School programme” on 22-07-2017 at Z.P. High School, Chintal, Medchal District.
3. The department of Chemical Technology has taken the final year students and 13 second year students to Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd-Integrated Product Development Organization (R&D), Bachupally, Hyderabad as part of industrial visit on 20 November 2017.
4. A guest lecture was organized for the II and III year students of the Department of Chemical Technology on ‘Career Opportunities and Challenges in Chemical Engineering’ on 4 December, 2017 by Dr. Bala Narasaiah, Professor, College of Engineering, JNTU Ananthpur, Andhra Pradesh.
The department of Chemical Technology has organized a one day Seminar on "Emerging Trends in Chemical Technology" on 31 January 2018.