"The world belongs to entrepreneurs. We strive to create the best kind – ambitious and responsible."
- Mrs. Sindhu Varghese
Head of Department
About Us | Who we are and what we do
Set up in the year 2001, the Department of Business Administration has since proudly seen 90% of its students embark on successful careers. We enhance our specialized MBA course with enriching lessons of leadership, business acumen, and the will to break paradigms.
Some key statistics for the Department of Business Administration:
we offer 1 PG course for 2 years in MBA ( Master of Business Administration )
with a cumulative experience of 96 years
hand-picked for their academic excellence
most of whom are in senior positions
Admissions to our MBA course happens through ICET counseling (70% quota) & common Loyola admissions route (30% Management Quota).
Highlights | What makes us different
We believe that MBA students learn best through proactive methods that encourage them to indulge in their creativity, but always with a sense of responsibility. Here are a few things we do to inculcate these qualities:
We encourage our students to participate actively and take charge of the various seminars and other events the department organizes. Each year the department organizes a national-level management fest called "Melange"
Along with numerous others, the department organizes, "Antriksh" - a self-development program for all second-year students. Antriksh uses the best trainers from the industry to bridge the skill gap required by the industry.
We conduct visits to prestigious organizations like MRF, The Hindu, & NTPC, wherein our MBA students can learn directly from industry giants at work.
We conduct a two-day program to celebrate the undying spirit of entrepreneurship. This program inspires many a students to take up the challenges and reap the rewards that entrepreneurship has to offer.
Our highly-qualified faculty, well-equipped computer laboratories, amply-stocked library that we share with the commerce departments, and, of course, the atmosphere of ease we create in our lecture halls, make us one of the most sought-after departments on campus. Drop by for a visit.
MBA - 2014-15 REPORT
MBA - 2015-16 REPORT
MBA - 2016-17 REPORT
MBA - 2017-18 REPORT
MBA - 2018-19 REPORT
MBA - 2019-20 REPORT
Achievements | Major events in our journey
Since its inception in 2001, students & faculty of our business administration department have proven their mettle in every arena. A few notable achievements:
Postgraduate course Master of Business Administration - M.B.A starts at Loyola Academy
Princy Merlin, a M.B.A student, wins the prestigious Osmania University Gold Medal and emerges as the top ranker in the entire state
- Students of year I, MBA,win the overall championship in “STATIM”, a management meet organized by St. Joseph's College, Hyderabad
- Monica, year I, plays for Indian Junior Women's Volleyball Team in South Asian Championship held at Taipei, Taiwan
- Students of year II, MBA, in association with ISB, Hyderabad, conduct market research for “Mobile number portability”.
- Sandeep, year II, bags 1st prize in debate, and Shilpa and Nisha bag 1st prize in HR competition, in a state-level competition at Bhavan’s College
- Geo Mathew wins 1st prize in 'Young Manager Event' held at Bhavan’s Vivekananda College and Avanthi College, and 1st prize for marketing presentation at Nizam College.
- Joshua Benhur and Ranjith Thomas win 1st prize in “Ad-Venture” event at Siva Sivani Institute of Management
- The department organises 'Entrepreneurship Day', wherein students are exposed to the exciting world of start-ups
- Geo Mathew and Priyanka win 1st prize for regional round of Debate competition conducted by Xavier Institute of Management Education, Bangalore
- The Business Administration department, in association with the National Entrepreneurship Network, celebrates 'Entrepreneurship Week' to encourage the spirit of entrepreneurship
- Lecturer Ms. Rachel presents paper on “FDI In India – Restructuring Higher Education System” at R.B.V.R.R college
- Lecturer Ms. Sindhu presents paper on “Behavioral Dimensions on E-marketing” at Institute Of Public Enterprise
- The department conducts a state-level, inter-college management meet "Melange". The event attracts innumerable institutes
- Mr. T. Hanok attended one day workshop on “Implementation of CBCS – Prospects and Challenges” organized by RBVRR Women’s College on 27 June, 2015.
- Mrs.R.Sindhu presented paper on “The Consumer Characteristics Which Effect Intention, Adoption and Continuance in Digital Marketing” Article Published on Vol 2 PP ISBN: 978-93-83038-42-8 in the 4th International conference on “Strategies for Business Excellence: Challenges and Opportunities, Hyd (ICSBE 2015), organized by Mallareddy College of Engineering and Technology 18-19 December, 2015.
- Mrs. Rachel Shalini presented paper on “Impact of Gender Differences on Job Performance – HR Challenge” Article Published in Vol 2 PP ISBN: 978-93-83038-42-8 in the 4th International conference on “Strategies for Business Excellence: Challenges and Opportunities, Hyd (ICSBE 2015), organized by Mallareddy College of Engineering and Technology 18-19 December, 2015.